And Here We Go......

Welcome everyone to my personal blog. I'm really looking forward to sharing all my insights with you, and I would love to hear your comments. Blogs are all about voicing your opinion, so let's look to do that as much as possible. ENJOY!





Sunday, February 7, 2010

Finally 21...do I smell Las Vegas?

This past weekend, my brother and I celebrated our 21st birthday, a time in our lives we thought could not come soon enough. I won't sit here and share all of the hilarious details, but just like any 21st birthday celebration, it was a great time.

Now if you don't know my family, let me tell you that it is a big one. There is my mom, me and my six siblings (which includes three sets of twins), my stepdad, and three stepbrothers (and a bunch of in-laws mixed in). I always thought that being the youngest in the family was the greatest because being the baby means you get more gifts, you get away with things your siblings didn't, and you get to follow the paths of your older siblings so that life doesn't seem too hard. But as I grow up, I'm starting to realize that there are many things to look forward to in life the older you get. One of those moments is your 21st birthday.

Unfortunately, my brother and I, being the youngest in the family, would be the last ones to turn 21. On top of that sorrow, for any 21st birthday in the family, my stepdad's gift is to take the entire family to Las Vegas for a weekend. However, only those who are 21 and over would be able to go (OUCH!!). This means that on three or four occasions, my brother and I spent the entire weekend at a friend's or relative's house while the rest of our family was living it up in the magnificent city that is Las Vegas. I have to say that those were some of the most boring and aggravating weekends in my life to date.

But that is all in the past because our time to celebrate in Sin City is just around the corner. This upcoming weekend (Feb. 12-14), my brother and I will join our family and crew in Las Vegas for a weekend to remember. Everyone should be able to experience Las Vegas at least once in their lives, and I couldn't be more happier that my first time will be with those who I love the most and are the closest to me. Let's just hope they are there to support me if I lose all of my money.....

No comments:

Post a Comment